What to Expect from Judges
Each project will be judged by two judges at the fair.
Judges will be looking for
- Originality - in the idea and the approach you have taken.
- Accuracy - in the collection of information and your use of the process chosen.
- Completeness - in doing your experiment, study or construction and understanding what has happened.
- Results - ending up with knowledge that is relevant to the work and important to the researcher.
Take ownership of your project: know your project and practice your presentation. Here are some questions to think about:
- What made you choose this topic?
- What did you do and what did you find out?
- What went right, what went wrong and why?
- What are the applications of your project?
- What would you do to improve your project
Judging is done to the following standards
90 to 100 marks - Gold standard
80 to 89 marks - Silver standard
70 to 79 marks - Bronze standard
Summary of Judging Sheet
- Process and scientific thinking: 45 marks
- Student Interview: 20 marks
- Display: 20 marks
- Log Book: 10 marks
- Judges discretion: 5 marks